Posted on February 28 2018
Great new takes on fabulous fashion trends from Harlow Jade, For Love & Lemons/Lil’ Lemons, Stella Cove, Hannah Banana and more!
It is so fun seeing children’s designers interpret current fashion trends – or strike out boldly in their own signature style.
Harper’s Bazaar recently identified the top fashion trends for spring and summer 2018.
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/fashion/shows-trends/g38445/spring-summer-2018-fashion-trends/ They showed examples of each trend from the big fashion shows, but we thought we’d illustrate the top styles with on-trend looks from some of our favorite designers at Me and Kay.
First on Harper’s list was SEQUINS. “To say sequins and sparkles will be a big deal next summer is an understatement,” they said. “In every fashion capital, glitter prevailed.”
- Check out our Playdate NYC Sequin Changing Heart Shirt! These aren’t just any sequins! The sequins on our sequin changing heart appliqué change from purple to blue! Your little gal can express her creativity by writing her name or creating a design using the alternating sequins.
- Our Tutu Du Monde Swan With Me Tutu Dress sports a sparkly swan on the bodice, made of beads and sequins as well as Tutu du Monde’s whimsical flair.
- Even our Hannah Banana Denim Printed Bomber Jacket is accented with rhinestones!
Harper’s Bazaar also says we’ll be seeing plenty of PASTELS. “Expect to see an array of fashion's prettiest shades next season,” they said. “But as Victoria Beckham said ‘delicacy can be strong’; saccharine these colours are not.”
- A perfect example of that would be the Lil Lemons North Star Velvet Dress in Pomegranate from the For Love & Lemons girls line. The beautiful color of this dress is given depth through the use of soft velvet and the stars – made of sequins – let this fabulous dress double down on the hottest new trends.
- Pastels also are presented with new vigor in the Stella Cove Blue off the Shoulder Dress. Here it is the lovely print that gives the gentle color energy. Perfect for just about every summer activity this darling dress also ushers in the next highlighted fashion trend…
RUFFLES! If you have a girly girl, she will be delighted with the ruffles on display this season – as will you. As Harper’s says, “Ruffles added a feminine air yet again this season.”
- No one does feminine like Tutu du Monde and our new Tutu Du Monde Dragon Fly Romper is no exception. A subtle ruffle outlines the bodice which is adorned with sequins (see – they’re everywhere!) and beads. And, for the perfect feminine finishing touch – there’s a cotton bow on the back.
- The Stella Cove Pink & Blue Striped Bikini shows that ruffles are also invading the beach and the pool this year! And they’re bringing some pastel shades right along with them!
“Next summer will be very bright indeed if the catwalks are anything to go by,” Harper’s Bazaar said, predicting BOLD COLORS will be a popular trend in the seasons ahead.
- Big, bold, bright colors are certainly popular with Me and Kay shoppers and our Flowers By Zoe Tie Dye Lace Up Dress is one of our biggest attention grabbers. Don’t you just love when fabulous fun and fashion collide?
- And speaking of fashionable fun… We just adore our new Never Enough Unicorn Leggings! And representing another cool trend – these Terez kids leggings are made in the U.S., in New York City, to be precise.
- MIA New York’s Metallic Pink Tank is definitely bold and beautiful. It also picks up on another summer trend we’re seeing – metallics.
There are lots more fashion forward looks in stock at Me and Kay – from the sheer overlay of our Bebe Tulle Overlay Tank Dress to the vintage vibe of Harlow Jade’s signature Denim Bell Bottoms. Flowers by Zoe showcases the ongoing fascination with cutouts and cool detailing with a Rose Cut Out Tee she’ll love.
You’ve see pompoms and fringe everywhere – including your own closet – right? You’ll be seeing them at the beach now, too, with our fabulous Stella Cove Black Pom Pom Bikini. And the statement tee has now evolved into a statement suit, swimsuit that is. From Shade Critters we get the Unicorns & Rainbows Tie Dye Scoop Swimsuit that proudly proclaims "I Believe in Unicorns" – and also offers UPF 50+ protection. Then there’s the bright, bold pink Salt Hair Don't Care suit – also from Shade Critters.
We hope you have fun exploring these fab new styles and the other fresh looks you’ll find under our New Arrivals https://meandkay.com/collections/new-arrivals tab!